Unlocking blockchain-powered e-commerce for a major airline
A major US-based airline wanted to revamp its digital payments framework. The first initiative involved their credit system; the client had a vision to expand the scope of its airline mileage loyalty program beyond simply converting points into flights.
To enable a scalable platform with additional e-commerce mechanisms for travelers and partners, the airline asked our team to help them unlock the benefits of blockchain.
- Design a user-friendly interface to enable seamless customer experience via web or mobile
- Integrate the loyalty program to power gift card purchasing with loyalty points
- Integrate with a payment gateway to process gift card purchases
- Create a gift card management system
- Design fraud prevention mechanisms to prevent fraudulent gift card purchases
- Develop custom dashboards and reporting/analytics tools to track purchases and customer behavior
- Test the product to ensure reliability and accuracy
We produced a product development roadmap that stretched from ideation through to design and delivery. Then, we managed the product design and development process from end-to-end, creating a new, blockchain-based gift product with gift and eGift functionality.
The switch to the new system unlocked new revenue streams through cross-selling and promotions — all while simplifying processes and streamlining costs in the business.