Transforming legacy applications in Azure for insurtech
A leading insurtech provider of data-driven cost management and customer support solutions for the property and casualty insurance industry looked to our team for help with a cloud transformation. The client’s legacy systems were difficult to maintain, not cost-effective, and vulnerable to security compromises.
We moved manually deployed legacy applications from an on-premise data center environment to Azure. The new applications were built as scalable real-time engines designed to asynchronously process customer tests using horizontally-scaling workers. We also revamped their mobile application.
- Virtualize the existing infrastructure, creating virtual machines (VMs) in the cloud that mimic the on-premises hardware, including the operating system, applications, and data.
- Connect virtual machines to the network to facilitate communicate with the on-premises infrastructure.
- Migrate storage systems used in the on-premises data center to the cloud
- Establish security measures in the cloud to protect infrastructure, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and identity and access management (IAM)
- Set up backup and replication measures in the cloud to ensure business continuity in the event of a disaster
- Monitor performance and health of the infrastructure in the cloud
- Thoroughly test and validate virtualized infrastructure in the cloud to ensure appropriate functioning and user accessibility
- Launch cutover from the on-premises data center to the cloud
The Blankfactor team rebuilt the entire infrastructure in Azure using Terraform. We also dockerized all core services and built CI/CD pipelines for governance and deployment using Azure DevOps, Kubernetes, and Argo CD.
As a result, our team helped the client modernize its applications and establish a highly performant cloud environment. The new system is optimized for cost and efficiency, scaling computing resources based on demand.